SEED 593: Clear Credential Candidate (3 units)
Extends deeper and more complex application of skills and knowledge learned during the California Preliminary Credential Program. Includes personal evaluation, professional development growth goals, and support for achieving these goals. May be taken for credit a maximum of four semesters.
Course Objectives / Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have:
- Collected data from their class and school to determine strengths, areas of need, and resources available to meet the needs of their students
- Reflected on their teaching skills and described their level of practice using a continuum to support the evaluation
- Created an Individual Professional Development Plan to improve their level of practice with technology, English Language learners, special needs, and biblical integration
- Demonstrated growth in at least eight domains of teaching or have reached the Experienced Practice level in all 10 domains of teaching to be recommended by Biola University for their CCTC Single Subject or Multiple Subject Clear Credential
Conducted online over 16 weeks in alignment with Biola University’s 2013 Fall semester. Students will interact with the support provider and/or instructor through interactive online discussions and other assignments
- Texts and resources based upon each student’s Individual Professional Development Plan.
- Formative Assessment for California Teachers (FACT) assignments for Modules A-E with completion of at least one domain for a grade of “B” or two domains to receive an “A” grade.
Must have completed the California Preliminary Credential Program or equivalent out-of-state, U.S. credential and must be employed at an accredited public or private school.
Relation to Curriculum
Requires a grade of “B-” (80%) or higher and a cumulative GPA of 2.75 to be retained in the professional teacher development department.