Business Student Policies
BUSN 190 (MATH 190) Business Statistics
MATH 210 Introduction to Probability and Statistics may be substituted. Similar statistics courses from other schools can be substituted. Compare the catalog descriptions. Pre-approval should be obtained prior to registering for such courses, in order to be sure.
BUSN 223 (MATH 103) Business Calculus
If you have taken Calculus I (Biola MATH 105, AP Calculus AB score 3 or more, or equivalent), then requirement is fulfilled.
Prerequisite: Pass algebra diagnostic exam administered by the math department.
Algebra diagnostic exam: Exams are typically offered during Fall Orientation and upon request. Contact the math department, x4741, to schedule an appointment. The exam is one hour. A calculator is not permitted. The exam may be taken multiple times. Exam topics include:
- Working with fractions (add, multiply, divide)
- Order of operations
- Substitute numbers into expressions and simplify
- Complex fractions
- Powers and exponents
- Subtracting polynomials
- Multiplying expressions with variables, FOIL
- Solving polynomial equations
- Simplify fractions
- Simple word problems
- Two equations in two variables
- Writing an expression with an inequality