Todd V. Lewis
- Ph.D., Louisiana State University
- M.A., Ohio State University
- B.A., Biola University
- National Communication Association (NCA)
- Religious Communication Association (RCA)
- American Film Institute (AFI)
Books, Articles, Chapters
- Lewis, T., “Religious Rhetoric in Southern College Football: New Uses for Religious Metaphors,” Southern Communication Journal 78 (Number 3)(July/August/September 2013).
- Lewis, T., “Evangelical Perspectives on the Harry Potter Novels and Films, (chapter in Volume 2), Evangelicals and Popular Culture, 3 Volumes (Woods, Robert H. ed.) (New York: Praeger, 2013), pp. 54-69.
- Communicating Literature: An Introduction to Oral Interpretation—5th Edition—Textbook (January 2012) (Dubuque, IA: Kendall-Hunt Publishing Company, 2012)—285 pages.
- Muehlhoff, T. and Lewis, T. (2010) Authentic Communication: Christian Speech Engaging Culture. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press. 180 pp.
- Jones, K., Zagacki, K. & Lewis, T. (2007). "Communication, Liminality, and Hope: The September 11th Missing Person Posters." Journal of Communication Studies, 58:1 (pp.105-121).
- Lewis, T. (2007). Communicating Readers Theatre Messages in Group Performance. Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company. 236 Pages.
- Lewis, T. (2006). “Entertainment, Religion, and Communication.” In The Encyclopedia of Religion, Media, and Communication. New York: Routledge. 128-132.
- “The Holy Harry Potter Wars,” MovieMinistry.Com (Issue 7): June 2, 2004 (10 pages)
- Communicating Literature: An Introduction to Oral Interpretation—4th Edition — Textbook (January 2004) (Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishers, 2004)—-268 pages.
- “Religious Rhetoric and the Comic Frame in The Simpsons”, Journal of Media and Religion 1 (3) (2003): 153-165.
- Communicating Literature: An Introduction to Oral Interpretation—3rd Edition — Textbook (Jan. 2001) (Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishers, 2001)—250 pp.
- RT For Christmas—A Readers Theatre Script Book For Religious Groups—(Kansas City, MO: Lillenas Publishing Company, 1998)
- Communicating Literature: An Introduction to Oral Interpretation—2nd Edition — Textbook (Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishers, 1995)—240 pp.
- History and Practice of Oral Interpretation/Readers Theatre
- Charisma and its Rhetorical Influence (especially in Religious Settings)
- The Rhetoric of Popular American Cinema and Television
- Religious Rhetoric in Animated Television and Film Features
- Application of Theory and Practice in Intercollegiate Forensics